Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This copycat recipe makes a huge amount
- 3 lbs frozen peas, rinsed in hot water
- 2 cups sweet pickles, chips, chopped
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 cups diced celery
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup cubed American cheese
- 4 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sweet pickle, chips
- 1 tablespoon diced red bell pepper
- In a large bowl, combine salad ingredients.
- In a separate bowl mix dressing ingredients.
- Add to the dressing to the salad mixture and gently toss.
Excellent simple salad; usually have all the ingredients on hand. Use shredded Jack/Cheddar cheese. Very similar to one my Mom used to make. Made for Farmhouse Cooking in Cooking Photos.
So yummy! Plenty mayo, though, I bet half the amount would really do.