Recipe by bbakergray
Top Review by Christmas Carol
This spinach dip is a HUGE favorite. It'll be at our Christmas gathering this year in recipe# 131168- Spinach Dip Pinwheels. What a great idea! I already purchased spinach tortillas in a festive shade of green. I think I'll roll them up then wrap & chill them before slicing- maybe the dip will firm up a bit and allow for easier cutting. It's delicious in a bread bowl as well, mainly pumperknickel or King's Hawaiian. Last season we served it that way on a large gold platter, surrounded by red, green, & white veggies (peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, cherry or grape tomatoes, celery, etc.) & some people thought it was catered! Your bread bowl will likely be devoured too- as long as there's any dip left, that is. Now, since I've already bought the ingredients, can I resist making & eating it before X-mas?
- 283.49 g package Baby Spinach, chopped or 283.49 g package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 453.59 g container sour cream
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise
- 226.79 g package vegetable soup mix
- 226.79 g can water chestnuts, drained and chopped (optional)
- 3 green onions, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator about 2 hours.
- Serve with your favorite dippers to your favorite people.
- A new serving idea: Hollow out cucumber slices and cherry tomatoes.
- Fill vegetables with spinach dip and garnish with a sprig of dill.
- MAKES 4 cups dip.