Recipe by silly sally
These scrumptious Enchiladas can be made the night before to eat and enjoy the next day. Need to be at least 8 hrs. in the fridge before baking. The recipe comes from the internet, on Bed&BreakfastInns online.(Time does not include 8 hrs. refrigeration)
- 2 cups ground cooked ham
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 8 (7 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups light cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 -3 drops hot pepper sauce, such as Tobasco
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, saute ham, onions and green pepper in oil until vegetables are tender.
- Place 1/3 cup down the center of each tortilla; top with 3 T cheese.
- Roll up and place seam side down in greased 11" X 7" X 2" baking dish.
- In a bowl, beat eggs.
- Add cream, flour, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce. Mix well.
- Pour over tortillas.
- Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from fridge 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees F for 45 - 50 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Let stand 5 minutes.