Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Knoephla soup is a traditional German soup most popular in the North Dakota's
Make and share this Knoephla Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chicken bouillon powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 6 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 114 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 cup kielbasa, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Put all ingredients for soup except for milk and chives into kettle and simmer until veggies are tender. Add milk and chives. Bring to slow boil.
- Spoon dime sized amounts of knoephla dough into soup. The dough slides off the spoon easily when dipped into simmering broth. Keep the spoon dips dime sized as they do grow while cooking in the broth! Simmer 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occassionally.