Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A pretty simple combination of flavors that explodes in your mouth. Use the best vinegar and fresh rosemary whenever possible. Generally I like to eyeball my measurements, so adjust the amount to your taste. This is my standby for romantic dinners and has always had great success ;)
- 4 pork chops
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 7 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- coarsely chop garlic.
- in a shallow dish, combine the garlic and olive oil.
- Using a pestle, crush the garlic in the oil, allowing the flavors to mesh. Of course, if you're a normal person like me and don't own a pestle, any instrument with a blunt end will work, such as the base of a glass or back of a spoon. I use a shot-glass.
- Add the rosemary and vinegar to the oil-garlic mix.
- Rub the pork chops with a little salt, then add them to the marinade, being sure to coat them well. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Place the meat in a skillet on medium-low heat, pouring any remaining marinade on top. Cook for about ten minutes, then turn and cook for another five minutes or until done.
The combination of the garlic and balsamic vinegar is excellent, but the rosemary just seemed to compete with it. I would make it without the rosemary next time.