Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a sinfully delicious recipe for chocolate sauce. I had to bribe, barter, and steal to get this "top secret" recipe from a chef I worked with while attending college. He refused to use canned chocolate sauce and always made this recipe when he worked.
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup cocoa
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon imitation butter flavor extract
- Mix the sugar and cocoa in a small saucepan until well blended.
- Over medium heat, slowly add the water and mix well.
- Simmer for five minutes.
- Remove from heat and add butter.
- Mix well until butter has completely melted and is incorporated in the chocolate sauce.
- Whisk eggs in a small bowl.
- Slowly add eggs to the chocolate sauce and mix well.
- Return to heat until very hot, but not boiling.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and imitation butter extract.
- Stir well.
- Can be refrigerated in a sealed container for up to seven days.
Yum! My socks are definitely missing ;) This is a wonderful treat. Thanks for sharing!
Now this is a sauce that I could go on eating & eating & eating ~ ABSOLUTELY GREAT, & I've added it to my Holiday Gift Ideas cookbook for later in the year! Definietly worth keeping both the recipe & the sauce around, you know, for that small chocolate fix now & then! Thanks for sharing! [Made & reviewed as a thank you to a chef-with-a-camera in the Help a Camera-less Chef Game #5]