Every time I make this I'm asked for the recipe. It's really a "get your socks knocked off" dish. NO LIE! Cooking time does not include marinating.
- 3 lbs chicken pieces, your favorite parts
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- Marinate chicken 2-3 hours in white wine, covered.
- Remove chicken and save marinade.
- Sauté chicken in butter until golden brown.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet.
- Sauté 2 minutes, then sprinkle with flour.
- Cook and stir for 2 more minutes.
- Add reserved marinade.
- Put chicken back in the skillet and add salt, pepper, paprika, basil and parsley.
- Cover and simmer 30-35 minutes.
- Remove chicken and place on a serving platter.
- Mix together half and half, egg yolk and 2-3 tablespoons sauce from the skillet.
- To skillet add the sliced mushrooms and the half and half mixture.
- Cook and stir to thicken sauce.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Pour over chicken, serve.