Recipe by teresas
Every time I make this I'm asked for the recipe. It's really a "get your socks knocked off" dish. NO LIE! Cooking time does not include marinating.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
This dish was really delicious and we loved the sauce with the mushrooms. I used leg/thigh portions and the only change I made was to use fresh wine vs. the marinade. Served this dish with some potatoes and a salad. Liked the idea from one of the other reviewers to serve it with rice - will try that next time. Made for the 1-2-3 Tag Game, July 2012.
- 3 lbs chicken pieces, your favorite parts
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate chicken 2-3 hours in white wine, covered.
- Remove chicken and save marinade.
- Sauté chicken in butter until golden brown.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet.
- Sauté 2 minutes, then sprinkle with flour.
- Cook and stir for 2 more minutes.
- Add reserved marinade.
- Put chicken back in the skillet and add salt, pepper, paprika, basil and parsley.
- Cover and simmer 30-35 minutes.
- Remove chicken and place on a serving platter.
- Mix together half and half, egg yolk and 2-3 tablespoons sauce from the skillet.
- To skillet add the sliced mushrooms and the half and half mixture.
- Cook and stir to thicken sauce.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Pour over chicken, serve.