Every time I make this I'm asked for the recipe. It's really a "get your socks knocked off" dish. NO LIE! Cooking time does not include marinating.
- 3 lbs chicken pieces, your favorite parts
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- Marinate chicken 2-3 hours in white wine, covered.
- Remove chicken and save marinade.
- Sauté chicken in butter until golden brown.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet.
- Sauté 2 minutes, then sprinkle with flour.
- Cook and stir for 2 more minutes.
- Add reserved marinade.
- Put chicken back in the skillet and add salt, pepper, paprika, basil and parsley.
- Cover and simmer 30-35 minutes.
- Remove chicken and place on a serving platter.
- Mix together half and half, egg yolk and 2-3 tablespoons sauce from the skillet.
- To skillet add the sliced mushrooms and the half and half mixture.
- Cook and stir to thicken sauce.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Pour over chicken, serve.
This dish was really delicious and we loved the sauce with the mushrooms. I used leg/thigh portions and the only change I made was to use fresh wine vs. the marinade. Served this dish with some potatoes and a salad. Liked the idea from one of the other reviewers to serve it with rice - will try that next time. Made for the 1-2-3 Tag Game, July 2012.
This was very good. I had one huge boneless skinless chicken breast, and so I halved the other ingredients. The sauce was wonderful. Loved the addition of the egg yolk to thicken it up. I wanted to savor the sauce, so served mine over rice. Next time I may cut the chicken up in bite size pieces so each piece is covered in the delicious mushroom sauce. Thanks for sharing! Made for Zaar Stars Tag.
...Cannot believe I forgot to review this amazing chicken!! Made as written using a combo of white and baby bella mushrooms. The sauce was fantastic; creamy a little salty and went great with the chicken. I served mine with steamed rice and a salad. Will be making this again!! Made for Zaar Stars.