1/5 Photos of Knock Your Socks off Chicken
1 hr 20 mins
Every time I make this I'm asked for the recipe. It's really a "get your socks knocked off" dish. NO LIE! Cooking time does not include marinating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs chicken pieces, your favorite parts
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1Marinate chicken 2-3 hours in white wine, covered.
- 2Remove chicken and save marinade.
- 3Sauté chicken in butter until golden brown.
- 4Remove chicken and set aside.
- 5Add onion and garlic to skillet.
- 6Sauté 2 minutes, then sprinkle with flour.
- 7Cook and stir for 2 more minutes.
- 8Add reserved marinade.
- 9Put chicken back in the skillet and add salt, pepper, paprika, basil and parsley.
- 10Cover and simmer 30-35 minutes.
- 11Remove chicken and place on a serving platter.
- 12Mix together half and half, egg yolk and 2-3 tablespoons sauce from the skillet.
- 13To skillet add the sliced mushrooms and the half and half mixture.
- 14Cook and stir to thicken sauce.
- 15Adjust seasoning to taste.
- 16Pour over chicken, serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Knock Your Socks off Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.0
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 145.0 mg
- Sodium 336.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 29.1 g