Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A sweet, gooey, chocolatey type of brownie bar. I found this recipe in the cookbook "The Recipe Hall of Fame winning recipes from hometown America", that was sent to me by my cookbook swap partner.
- Preheat oven to 180c& grease and line a 8 x 13 inch Pyrex dish.
- Combine cake mix, nuts, 1/3 cup evaporated milk and butter.
- Press half of the mixture into the pyrex dish, bake at 180c for 8 minutes.
- Melt carmel candy with 1/2 cup evaporated milk in the top of a double-boiler.
- When caramel mixture is melted and well mixed, pour over the top of the baked mixture.
- Cover with the choc chips and pour the rest of the cake mixture on top of the choc chips.
- Bake at 180c for 18 minutes or until cooked.
- Cool before slicing.
I have made this recipe for 14 years! everyone loves it, there's never a crumb left!! the only thing i do differently is(at my mom's suggestion), i use a container of the caramel apple dip located in the produce section of the grocery store, INSTEAD of melting the candies and evap milk.(melting the caramels is such a messy job!).the caramel is creamier, and softer this way too!