Knock You Naked Cookie Bars
- Preheat oven to 375° F and grease 9 × 13-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate morsels.
- Spread half of cookie dough into prepared pan and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove pan from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a double boiler (or a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of boiling water) melt caramels with 1/2 cup evaporated milk.
- When melted and combined, add 1/2 cup melted peanut butter and pour over cookie base. Sprinkle chocolate chips as evenly as you can over the caramel.
- Turn out remaining cookie dough on work surface. Use your hands to press it into a large square a little smaller than the pan. Use a spatula to remove it from the surface, then set it on top of the caramel and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and edges are set. Cool in pan on wire rack.