Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 (18 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk, plus
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk, divided
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 60 vanilla caramels (unwrapped)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine cake mix, nuts, 1/3 c milk and butter.
- Press half of the batter into a greased 13x9 pan.
- Bake 350 for 8 minutes.
- In microwave melt caramels with 1/2 c milk - mix well.
- Pour melted caramels over baked layer.
- Cover the caramel layer with chocolate chips.
- Pour remaining cake batter on top.
- Bake 18 minutes (or less for gooier brownies).
- Let cool and cut.
This is by far, the richest, gooiest most decadent brownie recipe ever. It's a little challenging to make but worth the extra effort. I had to microwave the batter for a few seconds on the last step to soften it enough to spread. It spreads real thin but again, worth the frustration. My dinner guests were just as impressed and have placed a standing order for these brownies.
My sister-in-law makes this for us when we go to visit her and my brother. It is the exact same recipe. This is sooooo good!!!! I have made it a few times and it is so easy and everyone loves it. You have to try it!! I guarantee you will want to make it again and again.
Awesome! Not as difficult as it sounds. Everyone we have served these brownies to LOVE them. Good with ice cream on top!