Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
I've been making pepper jelly for a long time and I've changed it up here and there. This is just one version. Hope ya'll like it !
- 680.38 g green bell peppers
- 5 jalapeno peppers
- 1 habanero pepper
- 354.88 ml white vinegar
- 354.88 ml apple juice
- 2.46 ml salt
- 49.61 g packagesurejel pectin
- 1182.95 ml sugar
- Wash and remove stems and seeds from peppers.
- Rough chop peppers and place half in food processor and add.
- half of vinegar. Process well. Place in a large container with tight.
- fitting lid. Repeat with remaining peppers and vinegar.
- Add apple juice and stir. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Strain through a jelly bag or several layers of cheesecloth.
- Measure exactly 4 cups of juice. Place juice in a large, non conductive.
- pot. Add salt and pectin and bring to a full rolling boil. Add the
- 5 cups of sugar and return to a full rolling boil and boil hard for 2
- minutes stirring constantly. Remove from heat and pour into
- sterilized jars. Ajust caps and tighten just finger tight.
- Process in water bath canner for 5 minutes.
- Makes about 7- half pint jars.