1/3 Photos of Knock 'em Dead Shortbread
July Girls's Note:
This recipe is simple but really good. The whole family loves it when my daughter makes it! I hope you will enjoy it too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Turn your oven to 300°F to heat up. Grease the inside of the pan with butter on a paper towel.
- 2Put a strainer over a large mixing bowl and pour the flour into it. Shake the flour into the bowl.
- 3Cut the butter into small pieces and put them into a bowl. Mix them with a blunt knife to coat them with flour.
- 4Rub the pieces of butter between your fingertips. Lift the mixture and let it fall back into the bowl as you rub.
- 5Continue rubbing in the flour until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar with a wooden spoon.
- 6Holding the bowl in one hand, squeeze the mixture into a ball. The heat from your hand makes the mixture stick together.
- 7Press the mixture into the pan with your fingers, then use a spoon to smooth the top and make it level.
- 8Use prongs of a fork to press a pattern around the edge. Then cut the mixture into eight pieces.
- 9Bake for 30 minutes until it is golden brown. Leave the bread for 5 minutes Before putting it on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Knock 'em Dead Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.2
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 82.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 2.5 g