Recipe by July Girls
This recipe is simple but really good. The whole family loves it when my daughter makes it! I hope you will enjoy it too!
Top Review by DeeVaFoodie
Oh my goodness, this shortbread is definately knock 'em dead. I ate one while it was still warm and I was in heaven. Very easy recipe, I'd give these 10 stars if I could! Made for PAC spring 2009.
Directions See How It's Made
- Turn your oven to 300°F to heat up. Grease the inside of the pan with butter on a paper towel.
- Put a strainer over a large mixing bowl and pour the flour into it. Shake the flour into the bowl.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and put them into a bowl. Mix them with a blunt knife to coat them with flour.
- Rub the pieces of butter between your fingertips. Lift the mixture and let it fall back into the bowl as you rub.
- Continue rubbing in the flour until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar with a wooden spoon.
- Holding the bowl in one hand, squeeze the mixture into a ball. The heat from your hand makes the mixture stick together.
- Press the mixture into the pan with your fingers, then use a spoon to smooth the top and make it level.
- Use prongs of a fork to press a pattern around the edge. Then cut the mixture into eight pieces.
- Bake for 30 minutes until it is golden brown. Leave the bread for 5 minutes Before putting it on a wire rack.