Recipe by Marie
This is like an apple pie cake. When you bite into it, you definitely taste a lot of apple. It is fabulous and even better with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Top Review by AVHS63
The smell of this cake cooking is heavenly, so I wasn't surprised to taste that first delicious bite. The crunchy edges are the best part! I used pecans and a bit more cinnamon. And of course a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The apples need to be peeled and I recommend cutting them in 1/3" squares. I'd give this recipe 10 stars if I could. It's a keeper!
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- 1 beaten egg
- 3 cups peeled and diced apples
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together sugar and butter.
- Add beaten egg and mix well.
- Add diced apples, chopped nuts and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and stir into mixture.
- Place batter into 8" square greased pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes.