Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
Potato Knish Tillie Bogatz
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup mashed potatoes
- lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup celery
- 1 cup onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix egg, flour, 1/2 cup mashed potato, lukewarm water and baking powder. Roll out dough into rectangle.
- Chop celery and onion and fry in olive oil until soft.
- Mix celery, onion, mashed potato and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread filling down center of dough.
- Roll up dough jelly roll style.
- Slice into rounds and place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for about 1/2 hour.