1/2 Photos of Knife & Fork Egg Salad Sandwiches With Chives
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
Served on pumpernickel bread. Recipe courtesy Saveur mag. (Note: My photo doesn't reflect the right bread for this initial preparation - toasted pumpernickel - nor did I serve it open-face. I wanted to use my first ever attempt at making bread, Zurie's Overnight No-Knead Bread. Sue me!) ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Arrange eggs in a single layer in medium pot and cover with cold water by 1”. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then immediately remove pot from heat. Cover and let rest for 8-10 minutes undisturbed.
- 2Drain eggs, leaving them in the pot; shake the pot to crack their shells. Cover eggs with cold water, swish around, then drain. Cover again, this time with icy-cold water (add a few ice cubes if necessary), and set aside to let chill for 20 minutes. Peel and coarsely chop eggs.
- 3Combine eggs, half the chives, celery leaves and salt and pepper to taste in a medium bowl and fold together gently to combine. Add mayonnaise, vinegar and mustard and fold again, being careful not to mash up the eggs.
- 4Toast bread lightly, then butter each slice on one side. Arrange a bit of the watercress on top of each piece of toast, buttered side up. Dollop each piece with a generous scoop of egg salad. Transfer the sandwiches to plates. Sprinkle with remaining chives and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Knife & Fork Egg Salad Sandwiches With Chives
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.3
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 333.7 mg
- Sodium 522.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 12.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar