Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from Rachael Ray's magazine. A neat way to eat a cheeseburger. Serve with a salad and fries to dip into the cheese sauce.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2⁄3 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups provolone cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
- Combine the ground beef, parsley and garlic and form into 6 patties, pressing your thumb into the center of each burger to prevent it from bulging when cooking.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat and cook the burgers for 5 minutes on each side.
- While the burgers cook, in a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat, whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in the milk and cook until thickened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the provolone and, using a wooden spoon, stir in a figure-eight motion until combined; season with salt and pepper.
- Serve each burger with a small bowl of cheese sauce for dipping.