Recipe by Sharon123
A great Mexican inspired breakfast burrito from BH&G!
Top Review by Lou
Loved this dish! made it for dinner, and served with a twice baked potato. we added mexican chorizo, and onions. We prepared the chorizo first, with the onions.. then continued with the recipe.
We had never tried queso fresco before, and doing research on it didn't help.. some said it was tangy and salty like feta cheese, and others said it was a good tasting mild cheese.. I don't know what kind of cheese the ones who said it tasted like feta, or goat cheese tried, but this cheese is wonderful.. very pleasant taste. Great, great recipe. Its going in my 5 star file for sure! Try it, you'll love it.
- 236.59 ml canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 78.07 ml chunky salsa
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 29.58 ml milk
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 0.59 ml salt
- nonstick cooking spray or cooking oil
- 1 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 118.29 ml crumbled queso fresco (about 2 ounces) or 118.29 ml shredded monterey jack cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 19.71 ml snipped of fresh mint
- chunky salsa (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan mash the beans lightly. Stir in 1/3 cup salsa. Heat over low heat. Cover and keep warm while making egg "tortillas."
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, milk, pepper, and salt. Coat a 10-inch nonstick omelet pan (or skillet with flared sides) with nonstick cooking spray, or brush lightly with a little cooking oil. Preheat pan over medium heat until a drop of water sizzles.
- For each of the egg "tortillas" pour about 1/4 cup of the egg mixture into the pan. Lift and tilt pan to spread egg mixture over bottom. Return to heat. Cook for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned on bottom (don't turn).
- Loosen edges of the egg "tortilla" with spatula; carefully slide out onto a serving plate, browned side down.
- On one half of the "tortilla," spread one-fourth of the bean-salsa mixture. Top with tomato and cheese. Fold in half and then into quarters to form the burritos. Keep warm while preparing remaining tortillas and burritos.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream and the remaining cheese; sprinkle with mint. Serve with additional salsa, if desired. Enjoy!