1/1 Photo of Knife-And-Fork Breakfast Burrito
A great Mexican inspired breakfast burrito from BH&G!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup chunky salsa
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- nonstick cooking spray or cooking oil
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco (about 2 ounces) or 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 teaspoons snipped fresh mint
- chunky salsa (optional)
- 1In a small saucepan mash the beans lightly. Stir in 1/3 cup salsa. Heat over low heat. Cover and keep warm while making egg "tortillas."
- 2In a medium bowl combine eggs, milk, pepper, and salt. Coat a 10-inch nonstick omelet pan (or skillet with flared sides) with nonstick cooking spray, or brush lightly with a little cooking oil. Preheat pan over medium heat until a drop of water sizzles.
- 3For each of the egg "tortillas" pour about 1/4 cup of the egg mixture into the pan. Lift and tilt pan to spread egg mixture over bottom. Return to heat. Cook for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned on bottom (don't turn).
- 4Loosen edges of the egg "tortilla" with spatula; carefully slide out onto a serving plate, browned side down.
- 5On one half of the "tortilla," spread one-fourth of the bean-salsa mixture. Top with tomato and cheese. Fold in half and then into quarters to form the burritos. Keep warm while preparing remaining tortillas and burritos.
- 6Top with a dollop of sour cream and the remaining cheese; sprinkle with mint. Serve with additional salsa, if desired. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Knife-And-Fork Breakfast Burrito
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.2
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 218.8 mg
- Sodium 515.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 11.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: