Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
German soup that sticks to your ribs. Homemade dough, with chicken and mushroom flavors.
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 large onion, Chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, Sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, Sliced
- 3 potatoes, Peeled and cut into small squares
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 2 tablespoons celery salt
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 3 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 5 cups milk
- 1 cup bacon bits
- 1 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese (Preference)
- 2 -3 cups white flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- Put stick of butter in soup pot, and melt on medium.
- Add onions and cook until translucent, adding 1 tsp of pepper.
- Add potatoes, celery, carrots and mushrooms; simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add milk.
- Add chicken bouillon.
- Add cans of soup.
- Add celery salt, parsley and remainder of pepper.
- Let simmer on Medium/Low.
- In a separate bowl put in 2 cups white flour in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix egg, baking powder, salt, and water in another small (cereal) bowl.
- Pour mixture in with flour and mix with fork until you need to use your hands. Add flour as needed until the dough becomes a "workable" dough. (Should be slightly sticky if you stick a finger into the dough.
- Cut dough with a kitchen scissors into bite-sized pieces. Place the pieces into a pot of boiling salted (tsp) water, when the pieces float strain them out and put them in the soup.
- Let entire soup mixture simmer for at least a half hour.
- Add bacon and shredded cheese to the top as a garnish.
This is one of the best soups I have ever had, period. I had to play with the amounts a litte bit in order to get it to taste right. It was really good!