1 hr 20 mins
Prairie Peddler's Note:
German soup that sticks to your ribs. Homemade dough, with chicken and mushroom flavors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 large onion, Chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, Sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, Sliced
- 3 potatoes, Peeled and cut into small squares
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 2 tablespoons celery salt
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 3 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 5 cups milk
- 1Put stick of butter in soup pot, and melt on medium.
- 2Add onions and cook until translucent, adding 1 tsp of pepper.
- 3Add potatoes, celery, carrots and mushrooms; simmer for 3 minutes.
- 4Add milk.
- 5Add chicken bouillon.
- 6Add cans of soup.
- 7Add celery salt, parsley and remainder of pepper.
- 8Let simmer on Medium/Low.
- 9In a separate bowl put in 2 cups white flour in a large mixing bowl.
- 10Mix egg, baking powder, salt, and water in another small (cereal) bowl.
- 11Pour mixture in with flour and mix with fork until you need to use your hands. Add flour as needed until the dough becomes a "workable" dough. (Should be slightly sticky if you stick a finger into the dough.
- 12Cut dough with a kitchen scissors into bite-sized pieces. Place the pieces into a pot of boiling salted (tsp) water, when the pieces float strain them out and put them in the soup.
- 13Let entire soup mixture simmer for at least a half hour.
- 14Add bacon and shredded cheese to the top as a garnish.
Browse Our Top Taste/Mood Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kneophla Soup
Serving Size: 1 (382 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 590.8
- Calories from Fat 281
- Total Fat 31.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 96.8 mg
- Sodium 1600.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 18.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: