Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A Czech vegetarian meal.
Make and share this Knedlicky Zeli Dumplings and Sauerkraut recipe from Food.com.
- Place sauerkraut, caraway seed, and sugar in pan with lid.
- Cover sauerkraut with water.
- Bring to a boil then simmer while making dumplings.
- Mix flour, sugar, cream of tartar, baking powder, and salt together.
- Make well in center.
- Drop in egg and milk; stir to mix.
- Drop dough the size of small egg on top of boiling sauerkraut.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and cook 20 minutes on low.
- Serve immediately.
If you like sauerkraut then this dish is for you..its the vegetable and the sauce for terrific dumplings. I didn't worry about the cream of tartar, just added one more tsp of baking powder