Recipe by riffraff
This is a treasured adoptee. Here is KMT's original description of it: Delicious, low fat, Italian dish. Very filling too!
Top Review by LeeAnn
This was really good. I used 2 - 700ml jars of Classico Florentine Spinach and Cheese Spaghetti Sauce. And I was really lazy and used dry basil. I will definatley make this again. I think I will try Healthy Choice Chunky Lovers Italian Stlye Vegetable Sauce next time - it's fat free.
- 1 lb lasagne pasta
- 16 ounces low-fat ricotta cheese or 16 ounces fat-free ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, drained well
- 3 medium carrots, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 egg
- salt & pepper
- 16 ounces pasta sauce (homemade or store bought)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Start chopping basil and parsley.
- (Use dried if you REALLY feel lazy!) Prepare Lasagna pasta according to package Lay a few sheets of wax paper on the kitchen table.
- In a mixing bowl, combine Riccota, 1/2 of the mozzarella (reserve rest for later), Parsley, Basil, spinach (hopefully you really squeezed it out dry!) ,salt,pepper, egg and carrots.
- Mix well by hand.
- Lay cooked Lasagna on wax paper Spread a thin layer of spinach mixture down the length of the lasagna.
- You may have leftover pasta and/or spinach filling.
- Just store it or chuck it.
- Spread a little sauce on the bottom of large shallow casserole dish.
- Roll each filled lasagna and place in casserole dish.
- Spoon the pasta sauce onto Spinach roles.
- Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes .
- Serve hot with a crusty garlic bread and salad.