1/1 Photo of Kmt's Low Fat Ricotta Spinach Rolls
1 hr 15 mins
This is a treasured adoptee. Here is KMT's original description of it: Delicious, low fat, Italian dish. Very filling too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lasagne pasta
- 16 ounces low-fat ricotta cheese or 16 ounces fat-free ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, drained well
- 3 medium carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 egg
- salt & pepper
- 16 ounces pasta sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Start chopping basil and parsley.
- 3(Use dried if you REALLY feel lazy!) Prepare Lasagna pasta according to package Lay a few sheets of wax paper on the kitchen table.
- 4In a mixing bowl, combine Riccota, 1/2 of the mozzarella (reserve rest for later), Parsley, Basil, spinach (hopefully you really squeezed it out dry!) ,salt,pepper, egg and carrots.
- 5Mix well by hand.
- 6Lay cooked Lasagna on wax paper Spread a thin layer of spinach mixture down the length of the lasagna.
- 7You may have leftover pasta and/or spinach filling.
- 8Just store it or chuck it.
- 9Spread a little sauce on the bottom of large shallow casserole dish.
- 10Roll each filled lasagna and place in casserole dish.
- 11Spoon the pasta sauce onto Spinach roles.
- 12Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- 13Bake for 20-30 minutes .
- 14Serve hot with a crusty garlic bread and salad.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kmt's Low Fat Ricotta Spinach Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 448.3
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 60.2 mg
- Sodium 566.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 24.4 g