Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A Pennsylvania favorite. If you like cabbage and noodles, you should love this casserole! The cracker topping gives it a nice crunch!
- Fry bacon until crisp. Remove from skillet. Add onions and cabbage to drippings. Cover and simmer until tender.
- Cook noodles and drain.
- Stir in cottage cheese, Muenster cheese and salt to noodles.
- Add bacon and cabbage mixture to noodles.
- Turn into greased casserole. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs and with butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with dollops of sour cream.
Very, very good! Nice comfort food meal. As it is approaching St. Patrick's Day, I substituted the bacon for 1/2 lb of chopped cooked corned beef and simmered it with the cabbage and onion. Excellent recipe, Lainey. I'll make this a lot. Thank you!
Very delicious!! I changed it up a bit to make it with less calories: I left out the bacon and then fried the cabbage and onion in calorie-free butter spray; I used white whole-wheat egg noodles, low fat cottage cheese, and only 8 ounces of cheese; I also left off the butter and cracker crumbs at the end. I also used half mozzarella and half colby jack cheese only because the store didn't have shredded muenster and I was too lazy to shred it myself. I was expecting to like this but it was even better than I expected! Thanks for the recipe!!
A family favorite. I used flip side crackers one time. The pretzel flavor made this outrageously good. I also used feta cheese. mmm.