Recipe by Lainey6605
A Pennsylvania favorite. If you like cabbage and noodles, you should love this casserole! The cracker topping gives it a nice crunch!
Top Review by Sheryl #3
Very, very good! Nice comfort food meal. As it is approaching St. Patrick's Day, I substituted the bacon for 1/2 lb of chopped cooked corned beef and simmered it with the cabbage and onion. Excellent recipe, Lainey. I'll make this a lot. Thank you!
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, diced
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 4 cups cabbage, shredded
- 16 ounces kluski noodles or 16 ounces medium-wide egg noodles, only use half
- 12 ounces cottage cheese
- 10 ounces muenster cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cracker crumb
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon until crisp. Remove from skillet. Add onions and cabbage to drippings. Cover and simmer until tender.
- Cook noodles and drain.
- Stir in cottage cheese, Muenster cheese and salt to noodles.
- Add bacon and cabbage mixture to noodles.
- Turn into greased casserole. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs and with butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with dollops of sour cream.