Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This is a quick meal to throw together and then you can make a soup with the leftovers.
- 8 lbs chicken, roaster defrosted (I recommend one that has a pop up timer)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon basil
- salt and pepper
- Wash and clean out giblets from chicken.
- Place chicken in crockpot along with 1 cup of dry white wine.
- Sprinkle basil on top of chicken with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours depending on the size of your roaster.
- I sometimes have to turn my crockpot up to high the last hour to get the popper to pop.
- Reserve chicken and broth to make my Low-Fat Roasted Chicken Soup.