Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
My Grandma made this whenever my Dad and sister came to visit. My mom and I were not fans, so the three of them were in heaven, not having to share!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 10 medium potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 2 teaspoons salt
- melted butter
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour and baking powder. Stir in potatoes to make a sticky dough.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and add 2 teaspoons of salt. Squeeze the potato mixture into 6 or 7 dumplings, or your desired size. Drop carefully into the boiling water. Simmer for 30-45 minutes, until they float. Remove to a platter with a slotted spoon.
- Serve with melted butter and/or warmed cream and lots of black pepper!
first off, miss you girl. 2nd rudy mom makes these and shes czech , very good basic recipe warm comfort food made for pammyowls cookathon