Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
This recipe was in the 1973 cookbook, Scandinavian Cooking. Preparation time does not include the time needed to cook & chill the rice.
- 1 cup rice, cooked, cold
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 2 tablespoons almonds, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- In a small bowl, combine rice, eggs, raisins, zest, almonds & flour, then form mixture into 8 small cakes.
- In a skillet over medium-low heat, melt butter & fry cakes on both sides, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove to a serving plate & sprinkle with powdered sugar before eating, perhaps with a dab of jam or jelly!
This is really different and good with maple syrup rather than the sugar. I really think this serves more like 2. The fritters are very small. They have an interesting texture. I did use egg replacer adding a couple more eggs that way because when I use it I feel it needs it to hold together properly. I also used a gluten-free white rice flour mixture. Made for Every Day is a Holiday Tag.