1 hr 20 mins
This is a middle eastern recipe for date filled pastry things:) My friend in Melbourne made them once and I loved them. They go well with coffee and tea:)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-Heat oven to 170C degrees.
- 2Sift flour and sugar into a mixing bowl.
- 3Rub 250gm butter into flour/sugar until nicely ditributed.
- 4Add rose water, and water and knead to a dough.
- 5Rest it for 30 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, chop the dates and heat with the 2TBS butter till nice and soft.
- 7Roll the dough into little balls in your hand and fill with a small amount of date filling and then close it up.
- 8Bake for 30-35 minutes, and let them cool on the tray.
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Klaicha / Kleicha
Serving Size: 1 (1062 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.4
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 19.9 mg
- Sodium 6.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: