Prep 45 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a middle eastern recipe for date filled pastry things:) My friend in Melbourne made them once and I loved them. They go well with coffee and tea:)
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 3 teaspoons rose water
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 250 g pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Pre-Heat oven to 170C degrees.
- Sift flour and sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Rub 250gm butter into flour/sugar until nicely ditributed.
- Add rose water, and water and knead to a dough.
- Rest it for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the dates and heat with the 2TBS butter till nice and soft.
- Roll the dough into little balls in your hand and fill with a small amount of date filling and then close it up.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, and let them cool on the tray.