Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is from The Complete Vegetarian Cookbook. I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m typing it up for ZWT II. “This delicious French Tart can also be made with halved stoneless Angelina or dark red plums.”
- 1 (8 inch) prepared pie crusts
- 2 lbs kiwi fruits (about 12)
- 1⁄4 cup ground almonds
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 5 tablespoons cream
- 1 tablespoon orange flower water
- Peel kiwifruit and cut into ¼ inch slices. Beat all the remaining ingredients together.
- Arrange kiwifruit, overlapping slices in circles in the pie shell, starting at the edge and working into the middle.
- Pour egg mixture over and brush over any fruit that is not coated.
- Bake at 425 for 25-30 minutes or until filling is firm. Serve warm or cool with sifted powdered sugar.
I loved this recipe! My husband loved them too. I made mini tarts instead of pie. The recipe makes 24 mini tarts. Bake the shells for half the recommended time before filling them. Bake at 400F for 18 min. I also used cane sugar instead of refined sugar. Easy and fast to make and very good.
It was really good. I had to let it cook a few more minutes. Because I wasn't sure if the center was firm. I had some problems to peel my kiwis (I'M not used to lol) I love the taste of the orange flower water in it. It's delicious. It's not too sweet. I used Splenda instead of sugar.