Recipe by dicentra
This is from The Complete Vegetarian Cookbook. I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m typing it up for ZWT II. “This delicious French Tart can also be made with halved stoneless Angelina or dark red plums.”
Top Review by Oliver's mommy
I loved this recipe! My husband loved them too. I made mini tarts instead of pie. The recipe makes 24 mini tarts. Bake the shells for half the recommended time before filling them. Bake at 400F for 18 min. I also used cane sugar instead of refined sugar. Easy and fast to make and very good.
- 1 (8 inch) prepared pie crusts
- 2 lbs kiwi fruits (about 12)
- 1⁄4 cup ground almonds
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 5 tablespoons cream
- 1 tablespoon orange flower water
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel kiwifruit and cut into ¼ inch slices. Beat all the remaining ingredients together.
- Arrange kiwifruit, overlapping slices in circles in the pie shell, starting at the edge and working into the middle.
- Pour egg mixture over and brush over any fruit that is not coated.
- Bake at 425 for 25-30 minutes or until filling is firm. Serve warm or cool with sifted powdered sugar.