Recipe by Sydney Mike
Just another way to serve up the mighty kiwifruit! Recipe found online at kiwifruit.org. Preparation time does not include time to cool down.
Top Review by 2Bleu
This is a very easy weekday dessert to make. We love kiwi, but even using 3 large ones we could not taste it much (I wonder if there is kiwi extract out there?). There was a lot of crust to contend with. Less crust, more kiwi, and some whipped topping would surely make this a 5 star recipe. Made for PRMR.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled, pureed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together flour & 1/4 cup powdered sugar.
- Cut butter into flour mixture until mixture looks like cornmeal.
- Pat into 9" square pan & bake for 15 minutes.
- Combine granulated sugar, kiwifruit, eggs, lime juice, lime zest & baking powder.
- Pout over baked crust, & return to oven.
- Bake an additional 25 minutes.
- Cool & sprinkle with remaining powdered sugar.
- Cut into 16 squares & serve.