Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Just another way to serve up the mighty kiwifruit! Recipe found online at kiwifruit.org. Preparation time does not include time to cool down.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled, pureed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together flour & 1/4 cup powdered sugar.
- Cut butter into flour mixture until mixture looks like cornmeal.
- Pat into 9" square pan & bake for 15 minutes.
- Combine granulated sugar, kiwifruit, eggs, lime juice, lime zest & baking powder.
- Pout over baked crust, & return to oven.
- Bake an additional 25 minutes.
- Cool & sprinkle with remaining powdered sugar.
- Cut into 16 squares & serve.
This is a very easy weekday dessert to make. We love kiwi, but even using 3 large ones we could not taste it much (I wonder if there is kiwi extract out there?). There was a lot of crust to contend with. Less crust, more kiwi, and some whipped topping would surely make this a 5 star recipe. Made for PRMR.
This is very good. I didn't use powdered sugar at the end. I like it the way it is. I reduce the sugar to 3/4 cup. I used the lest of 1 lime. Thanks Sydney Mike :) Made for Please Review my Recipe
Great way to use kiwis - a fun change to traditional bars to take to a get together. Cut them small as they are quite sweet and rich - according to my 14 year old!! ;) Family enjoyed them - only change I made was adding 3 kiwifruit (after reading previous review I thought maybe that would help give more fruit taste, but we thought it was fine), and I did bake the crust an additional 3 minutes before adding fruit mix, then added another 6 minutes on the final bake time. Could just be oven variation. ;) Crust tastes like shortbread - yummy! I think that I would reduce the amount of crust just so it wasn't so thick - so the ratio of crust to fruit was more equal like a lemon bar - the crust is terrific though!! I did like the fruit with 3 kiwis too! Lovely recipe - thank you!