Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was drawn to this recipe not only because of the kiwi, but because it includes jicama! The original of this recipe is from online at kiwifruit.org. Can be used as a dip, as a sauce over fish steaks, chicken or pork, or served over a warm flour tortilla filled with scrambled eggs!
- 4 kiwi fruits, peeled & diced small
- 1 medium orange, peeled & diced small
- 1 cup jicama, peeled & diced small
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced small
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2-1 small jalapeno pepper, seeds & veins removed, minced (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients, mixing well.
- Chill briefly before serving.
Delicious! I followed the recipe exactly as written. My family enjoyed it and we had no leftovers. Can't wait to make it again!
This is delicious salsa! We really enjoyed it over chicken. Like others, I used less cilantro just for personal preference, but everything else was the same. Loved it! Thanks for sharing. Made for Gimme 5 tag.
This is a great salsa! I left out the cilantro for personal preference, and put fresh parsley in it's place. I too used diced sweet radish for the jicama. I can't wait to try it as a side to some fried fish. I served it with warm tortillas just to get a taste of it, and it was gone before I knew it. Will make again (with jicama next time), thanks for sharing the recipe. :)