Recipe by Derf
Lovely cool dessert anytime but especially delightful for St. Pat's day!! (Chill time is cook time)
Top Review by Caroline Cooks
Absolutely wonderful and makes a beautiful presentation. Only changes to the recipe: Layered instead of mixing yogurt and jello and used vanilla yogurt. Yummmmmm! Thanks, Derf. We loved it!
- 1 package lime Jell-O gelatin (I use light)
- 236.59 ml boiling water
- 473.18 ml ice cubes
- 236.59 ml kiwi fruit, thinly sliced and slices cut in half,reserve 4 slices for garnish
- 59.14 ml plain yogurt
- plain yogurt (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, add boiling water and jello powder, stir until completely dissolved.
- Add ice cubes, stir until jello thickens (3 to 5 minutes).
- Remove any icecubes that have not dissolved.
- Remove 1/2 cup jello and set aside, to chill for 30 minutes.
- Chill remaining jello separately until slightly thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Fold kiwifruit slices into remaining jello.
- In a small bowl, add the 1/2 cup reserved jello and 1/4 cup yogurt.
- Beat reserved jello and yogurt, at high speed, until doubled in volume.
- Pour jello/yogurt mixture over kiwifruit/jello mixture.
- Chill until set.
- Top each serving with a blurb of yogurt, with a slice of kiwifruit arranged on it.
- This dessert looks special set in stemed clear glasses.
- Can also be made with orange jello and orange slices.