Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I'm a sucker for chutney recipes, & found this one online at homecooking.about.com. Have yet to make it, but that doesn't mean I won't!
- 2 lbs kiwi fruits, peeled, sliced
- 2 bananas, chopped
- 3 medium onions, diced
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 3 lemons, juice of
- 1 cup dark raisin
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons crystallized ginger
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup white vinegar
- In a saucepan mix all ingredients.
- Boil gently & stir frequently for about 1 hour or until soft & thick.
- Cool, then spoon into sterilized jars & seal.
Mmmm! I'm a sucker for chutney recipes as well Sydney Mike and this one fits the bill. A great blend of spicy sweet that I must admit I ate like a salad for lunch!
Love it, but I am short of raisins'so need to find out a reasonable substitute.