Recipe by Kiwi Cats
I made this salad for my family for part of my online health class. Man, was it awesome!!! A great recipe for someone who wants to begin eating healthy without losing good taste. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!!
Top Review by roamfree61
Made this with my daughter. Great father - daughter time and everyone raved about the dish. grilled the chicken in an electric frypan and added a little water to the dripping for an awesome dressing! Good job KiwiCats
- 20 lettuce leaves, per serving (5 People)
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice
- 5 chicken thighs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cherry tomatoes
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 avocado
- 25 green beans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, shredded
- 5 fresh garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 2 lemons
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly coat pan with Olive Oil. Sauté chopped garlic cloves and ginger for about a minute Then cook chicken thighs until done or lightly browned. Add 1/2 cup of white wine and 1/2 cup of water and let it simmer for about 3min. Squeeze fresh lemon juice on top of chicken thighs. Let cool. Then chop the chicken things into small pieces.
- Brown Rice.
- Follow the directions on the package for absorption method. Let cool.
- Blanche Green beens in boiling water for 1 minute Let cool.
- Hard boil the Eggs.
- Building the Salad:.
- Place 4 washed lettuce leaves on each plate. Combine the brown rice with the green beans and mix together. Place one-two big spoonfuls of rice & beans in the center of the lettuce leaves. Then add the chicken to each plate, on top of the rice.
- Thinly slice the avocado and hard boiled eggs and place around the lettuce leaves.
- Slice in half the cherry tomatoes and do likewise.
- Then to top everything off I dabbed a spoonful of chutney on top and poured the sauce that was from the chicken on top of the salad along with some grated Parmesan cheese.