Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I made this salad for my family for part of my online health class. Man, was it awesome!!! A great recipe for someone who wants to begin eating healthy without losing good taste. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!!
- Lightly coat pan with Olive Oil. Sauté chopped garlic cloves and ginger for about a minute Then cook chicken thighs until done or lightly browned. Add 1/2 cup of white wine and 1/2 cup of water and let it simmer for about 3min. Squeeze fresh lemon juice on top of chicken thighs. Let cool. Then chop the chicken things into small pieces.
- Brown Rice.
- Follow the directions on the package for absorption method. Let cool.
- Blanche Green beens in boiling water for 1 minute Let cool.
- Hard boil the Eggs.
- Building the Salad:.
- Place 4 washed lettuce leaves on each plate. Combine the brown rice with the green beans and mix together. Place one-two big spoonfuls of rice & beans in the center of the lettuce leaves. Then add the chicken to each plate, on top of the rice.
- Thinly slice the avocado and hard boiled eggs and place around the lettuce leaves.
- Slice in half the cherry tomatoes and do likewise.
- Then to top everything off I dabbed a spoonful of chutney on top and poured the sauce that was from the chicken on top of the salad along with some grated Parmesan cheese.
Made this with my daughter. Great father - daughter time and everyone raved about the dish. grilled the chicken in an electric frypan and added a little water to the dripping for an awesome dressing! Good job KiwiCats