I made this salad for my family for part of my online health class. Man, was it awesome!!! A great recipe for someone who wants to begin eating healthy without losing good taste. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!!
- Lightly coat pan with Olive Oil. Sauté chopped garlic cloves and ginger for about a minute Then cook chicken thighs until done or lightly browned. Add 1/2 cup of white wine and 1/2 cup of water and let it simmer for about 3min. Squeeze fresh lemon juice on top of chicken thighs. Let cool. Then chop the chicken things into small pieces.
- Brown Rice.
- Follow the directions on the package for absorption method. Let cool.
- Blanche Green beens in boiling water for 1 minute Let cool.
- Hard boil the Eggs.
- Building the Salad:.
- Place 4 washed lettuce leaves on each plate. Combine the brown rice with the green beans and mix together. Place one-two big spoonfuls of rice & beans in the center of the lettuce leaves. Then add the chicken to each plate, on top of the rice.
- Thinly slice the avocado and hard boiled eggs and place around the lettuce leaves.
- Slice in half the cherry tomatoes and do likewise.
- Then to top everything off I dabbed a spoonful of chutney on top and poured the sauce that was from the chicken on top of the salad along with some grated Parmesan cheese.