Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very simple and just beautiful and delicious too!
- 9 inches round refrigerated pie dough, thawed,unfolded
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened a bit
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 firm-ripe kiwi fruits, peeled and thinly sliced
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat over to 450°F Fit dough into tart pan, leaving a 1/2 inch overhang, then fold overhand inward and press against the side of the pan to reinforce edge. LIghtly prick bottom and side of shell with a fork. Line shell with foil and fill with pie weights. Bake until edge is pale golden, about 10 minutes. Carefully remove foil and weights and bake shell until golden all over, about 5 minutes more. Cool shell in pan on a rack, about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, beat together cream cheese, sugar, milk, zest and vanilla in a bowl with an electric mixer until creamy and smooth. Spread cream cheese filling in cooled shell and top with kiwi slices. Cover and chill before serving.