Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
This triple-layer tart is a feast for the eyes and the mouth!
Make and share this Kiwi Strawberry Tart recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate instant pudding
- 1⁄2 lb fresh strawberries
- 4 fresh kiwi fruits
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Mix the crust ingredients, using only enough milk to get the consistency you want.
- On a sheet of wax paper, roll the dough out into a large circle. Use the wax paper to gently flip the crust into a 9-inch tart pan. Sprinkle a little flour on the bottom of the crust dough and set aside.
- Combine all cake ingredients, beginning with the dry. Pour cake batter over the crust dough.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the instant pudding and refrigerate.
- Next, wash and chop the strawberries, peel and slice the kiwis.
- Once all components are ready and the crust has cooled to room temperature, you can assemble the tart.
- Use a spatula to smooth the pudding evenly over the cake layer.
- Place the fruit on top in any pattern you like. I typically start in the center and work my way outwards. Finally, sprinkle confectioner's sugar on top of the fruit.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate. It should last a day or two in the fridge.
I'm not going to give any stars because I haven't actually tried this yet and I was looking forward to making this, but the crust did not work for me. I've not made a pie crust before so I don't know exactly what it's supposed to be like, but this crust just crumbled and was not roll-able. I will try this again or see if anyone else has suggestions on how to make the crust work before I attempt it.