Kiwi Strawberry and Blueberry Pavlova
- Best to make the meringue the night before.
- Preheat oven to 275F (135C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Draw a 9 inch circle on paper. To make meringue, beat egg whites with salt until stiff peaks form. Gradually beat in superfine sugar, then continue to beat 5 minutes. Fold in cornstarch and vinegar. Using a metal spatula, spread meringue mixture evenly over circle on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in oven 10 minutes. Lower heat to 225F (105C) and cook 45 minutes more. Turn off heat and leave meringue in oven to cool slowly 1 hour at least. I usually leave it in all night. Remove from oven and carefully transfer to a plate.
- Make sure your fruit is thawed at this point.
- To make filling, whip cream with sugar until thick. You can cut up 1 kiwi into the whipped cream if you like. I normally do, but make sure your kiwis are sweet before you do, otherwise you can ruin the whipped cream.
- Carefully spoon cream mixture over meringue, smoothing with a metal spatula. Decorate top with fruit. I slice the kiwis and line them all around the edge. Then I put the strawberries inside the kiwi line and in the very center I put the blueberries. Serve immediately cut in wedges.