Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My sis and me came up with this refreshing slushie drink to quench our ice-cream craving with something healthy and delicious. You can use any non-dairy milk, but do not use dairy because of the kiwi enzymes; it will taste bitter. I hope youll enjoy this as much as we do. :) Oh and feel free to use other fruits, like e.g. bananas or berries.
- 2 kiwi fruits, sliced and frozen (we prefer medium ripe ones)
- 250 ml vanilla rice milk (~1 cup)
- 18 ice cubes (I use chocolate tea ones)
- Crush the kiwi and ice-cubes either in your blender or in a freezer bag with a rolling pin.
- Combine with non-dairy milk and blend on high until slushy like in consistency.
- Serve and enjoy!
I really enjoyed this drink. It was subtle in flavor, ice cold and refreshing. It had a semi tart flavor, which I sweetened with a little wildflower honey (personal preference only). I used mocha flavored ice cubes as per your recommendation. Scaled this down for one, so easy. It was wonderful with lunch. Thanks for sharing Lalaloula Made for Fall Pac/12
Not much flavour. I think it needs two more kiwis? Or the flavoured ice cubes need to be essential. I just cut the tough ends off my kiwis and included the skin, for the dairy free milk I used coconut water with pieces of coconut in it which would turn into a milk, plus 12 regular ice cubes. It was a really slushy texture. As I said I do think this recipe has potential it just needs requirements or modification. Made for Please Review My Recipe ~ ~ ~ from March 10th ~