Top Review by mianbao
This is very nice sherbet, full of the flavor of kiwi fruit. While I also like sherbets made with milk or yogurt, this sherbet seems to be particulary refreshing in hot weather. I did use the egg white, and am now planning to experiment without to see what the difference is. Thank you very much for this recipe.
- 22 ounces kiwi fruits, peeled and pureed
- 1 -2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 egg white (optional)
- 1 pint water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the pureed kiwis, sugar syrup, and lemon juice in the ice cream machine freezer.
- Begin freezing according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- If you're using the egg white, whip the egg white until very frothy, but not yet at soft peak.
- Stop the machine briefly and fold in the egg white.
- Continue freezing until entirely frozen.
- Remove to a sealable container.
- Keep in the freezer.
- Syrup: Place both in a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil.
- As the liquid clears, cover and let cool.
- Store in the refrigerator; will keep for weeks.