Recipe by KittyKitty
Great summer dessert, looks impressive, but is pretty simple, don't let all the ingredients scare you. This is delicious, worth the time, everyone will love it.Don't substitute low fat ricotta.
- 1⁄2 cup blanched almond
- 1⁄2 cup superfine sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon superfine sugar
- 4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 egg
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1 grated lemon, rind of
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 5 kiwi fruits
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 -4 tablespoons whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- For the pastry, sift the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder into a bowl. Cut in the butter until the mxture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix the egg yolk and cream. Stir in just enough to bind the dough.
- Transfer to a lightly floured surface, flatten slightly, wrap in waxed paper and chill for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/8 inch thick and transfer to a 9 inch springform pan. Crimp edges.
- Prick the bottom of the dough all over with a fork. Line with waxed paper and fill with baking beans. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the paper and beans and bake until golden, 6-8 minutes more.Remove from oven. Let cool. Reduce oven heat to 350°F.
- Grind the almonds finely with 1 tablespoon of the sugar in a food processor or blender.
- With an electric mixer, beat the ricotta until creamy. Add the cream, egg yolks, remaining sugar, flour, salt, rum, lemon rind and 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice. Beat to combine.
- Stir in the ground almonds until well blended.
- Pour into the shell and bake until golden, about 1 hour. Let cool, then chill, loosely covered for 2-3 hours. Unmold and place on a serving plate.
- Combine the honey and remining lemon juice for the glaze, set aside.
- Peel the kiwis. Halve them lengthwise, then cut horizontally into 1/4 inch slices. (will look like half circles).
- Arrange slices in rows across the top of the tart. Just before serving brush with honey glaze.