Recipe by Helen Hes
Another recipe from NZ chef Alison Holst which I've posted for ZWT5. I haven't tried this myself, but she recommends serving it with lamb. Apparently it keeps well in the fridge for a couple of days.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 scallions
- 1 teaspoon green peppercorns in brine, crushed
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 -4 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- 4 kiwi fruits, halved and peeled
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the garlic and put it in the food processor with the roughly chopped scallions and the drained green peppercorns. Process till finely chopped.
- Add the vinegar and sweet chili sauce and pulse to combine, then add the cilantro leaves and kiwi fruit Pulse until the kiwifruit and cilantro are fairly finely and evenly chopped .
- Leave to stand for an hour or so for best flavour, but serve sooner if needed.