Recipe by DragonShoes
My girfriend gave me a loaf of this delicious bread along with the treasured recipe. Here it is for you. Makes a wonderful tea bread and does it smell good while baking!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter (soften) or 1⁄2 cup margarine (soften)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup peeled mashed kiwi fruit (ripe)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 X 5 X 3 loaf pan.
- Sift together flour, baking powder baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In large bowl cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time to creamed mixture beating well after each one. Stir in kiwis. Fold in dry ingredients gently, stirring only until batter is completely moistened. Spoon batter into pan and bake for 55-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes on wire rack. Remove from pan and continue cooling on rack.