Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from the March 2006 issue of Vegetarian Times. Wouldn't this be pretty for St. Patty's day?
- 3 large ripe bananas, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick pieces
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped mint leaf
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) package ladyfingers
- 3 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 8 kiwi fruits, ripe but still firm, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch-thick pieces
- 1⁄3 cup chopped roasted pistachios
- mint sprig (to garnish)
- Blend bananas, chopped mint, lime juice and honey in small bowl.
- Line bottom of 5x12-inch ceramic terrine mold (or 3x9-inch loaf pan) with 1/3 of lady fingers.
- Top with layers of 1/3 of yogurt, 1/3 of kiwi slices, half of banana mixture and half of pistachios.
- Repeat all layers once. Top with remaining 1/3 lady fingers, yogurt and kiwis. Cover and chill up to 3 hours.
- Garnish with mint sprigs; serve.