Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from the March 2006 issue of Vegetarian Times. Wouldn't this be pretty for St. Patty's day?
Make and share this Kiwi, Pistachio and Mint Trifle recipe from Food.com.
- 3 large ripe bananas, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick pieces
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped mint leaf
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) package ladyfingers
- 3 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 8 kiwi fruits, ripe but still firm, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch-thick pieces
- 1⁄3 cup chopped roasted pistachios
- mint sprig (to garnish)
- Blend bananas, chopped mint, lime juice and honey in small bowl.
- Line bottom of 5x12-inch ceramic terrine mold (or 3x9-inch loaf pan) with 1/3 of lady fingers.
- Top with layers of 1/3 of yogurt, 1/3 of kiwi slices, half of banana mixture and half of pistachios.
- Repeat all layers once. Top with remaining 1/3 lady fingers, yogurt and kiwis. Cover and chill up to 3 hours.
- Garnish with mint sprigs; serve.