Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this up today for breakfast and liked it, so I am gonna go out on a limb and share it. We are not big on extra sugar (or calories for that matter) in our home, so this recipe uses fresh or unsweetened canned fruit and Splenda. It is sweet but tart and quite delicious. Feel free to add a banana or a few strawberries if you like.
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice (from the can)
- 1⁄2 banana (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Splenda granular, artificial sweetener
- 10 -15 ice cubes
- Place fruit, juice and sweetener in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add ice cubes and finish blending to desired consistency. You may need to add up to 1/4 cup more juice if it is too thick for you.
I really enjoyed this smoothie. I added the banana and wanted to add some frozen strawberries, but someone had eaten them all - no matter. It was great, as written. I did add a squirt of honey, to suit my taste. This was very refreshing, JanuaryBride. Thanks for sharing!
This was yummy!!! I made this recipe just as it is written and added a splash of orange juice. I let my son taste it and he loved it also. I will definitely be making this again.
This was delicious - and I could make it with what I had on hand. I forgot to add the pineapple juice, but it was fine without it. I didn't have a banana, and I used about 2 t of sugar in place of the artificial sweetener. I could have used 1 t I think, as it was sweet enough naturally. Thanks for a great recipe!