Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yummy combination. (If you don't mind the crunch of kiwi seeds of course:-)
- 1 large banana, frozen and broken into roughly 1-inch chunks
- 1 small ripe kiwi fruit, peeled (great way to use up mushy kiwis!)
- 1⁄2 cup canned peaches in juice, drained (see below)
- Combine in the food processor (or blender, but requires a lot more stirring) and blend till creamy. Serve immediately.
- If you prefer a thinner smoothie, add some peach juice. To let it thicken a bit with extra freeziness (mmmm), put it in the freezer for 10-15 minutes or so. I like it sprinkled with ground flaxseed!
- Note: this is also wonderful with a small, very ripe FRESH peach! Just cut away the flesh, skin and all, and instead of being yellowy-green from the kiwi, your smoothie will have a wonderful pink hue!
Good and Healthy! Made as is except used a small dash of orange blossom honey (as suggested by another reviewer) , and added a small amount of vanilla yogurt( did not measure but estimating perhaps a 1/4 of a cup or so. Definitely a keeper! Thanks!!
Did use 2 frozen bananas, but also set the opened canned peaches in the freezer until ALMOST frozen, then used the peaches AND the juice & the 2 bananas & 2 nicely ripe kiwi for a VERY TASTY, SATISFYING DRINK! Certainly want to keep this recipe on hand! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Stars Recipe Tag]
What a lovely fresh smoothie. I used a little orange blossom honey, fresh peaches, banana and kiwi, two crushed ice cubes. This was a nice, semi sweet, thick, smooth drink, which I enjoyed for breakfast today.