Recipe by CoffeeMom
I don't remember where I got this, I've had it forever.
Top Review by Lalaloula
This is a great recipe for kiwi muffins! The taste is fruity and has a slight hint of vanilla to it. Very nice! The texture is a bit denser than in other muffins, but that is to be expected in a fruit puree muffin. I made half the recipe and ended up with 7 nicely sized muffins, which rose beautifully. Due to the other reviews I only used a pinch of salt and only used the baking powder and no baking soda. THANKS SO MUCH for sharing your recipe with us, Coffee Mom!
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 4 large very ripe kiwi, mashed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF grease 12 count muffin pan.
- Blend the eggs, sugar and oil. Then add kiwi, vanilla and lemon juice.
- In a seperate bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Mix well, then fold into the wet ingredients.
- Fill muffins cup and bake for 25-30 minutes.