Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An excellent use for hard kiwis that refuse to ripen. Simple, tasty, tart, but as I don't do preserves, I don't know how well it'll keep. So keep the batches small, and refrigerate, unless you're an experienced jam maker.
- Peel and dice kiwis, cutting out the core if you're short on time (or want something that's more of a jelly than a jam).
- Putting the kiwis, water, sugar and lime juice in a large saucepan, set it on medium heat and bring to a simmer. Let simmer on low under a lid for 30-45 minutes (if you left in the cores) or until soft (10-15 without cores).
- Take off the lid and let reduce to thickened consistency (it'll be a bit of a jelly now).
- Either put through a food processor, or very gently whisk until it's as smooth or lumpy as you want it (kiwi napalm burns, kids).
- Put in a container and refrigerate (will keep up to 2 weeks), use on pancakes, toast, cake, anywhere you like.