Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Goodie, goodie, yum-yum.
Make and share this Kiwi Jam recipe from Food.com.
- Combine kiwi, pectin and pineapple juice in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- Add sugar, stirring until disolved.
- Return to a rolling boil.
- Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat-skim off foam.
- Ladle into clean hot jars leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Process 10 minutes in a boiling water bath at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
My sisters and I made this jam this weekend. It turned out wonderful. We made two batches. We did not have enough kiwis for both batches so we added a can of crushed pineapple and measured its juice into the second batch. We decided that we liked that batch better. We debated putting green coloring into the mix like one of the reviewers but finally decided not. The jam turned out a lovely color on its own.
I made the kiwi jam but added a twist after reading everyones comments. I like tangy rather sweet and my son is diabetic. So, reduced sugar 2 1/2 cup to 3 cups of kiwi, including crushed pineapple tin. 1/4 cup of vinegar. Yummy and tangy.